Do you know How to Make the Sky Blue in Photoshop? Well, This blog is for you.
Whenever we talk about the sky, what is the color that first comes into our mind? You are right; that is blue. When you do your photography, you might also cherish getting the aesthetic look of the sky as a background of your capture. However, the sky looks diverse at different times. So, can you control the weather to make the sky the perfect color for your photo background? The universal answer is NO. So, what can you do to fulfill your requirement?
In this case, you can do nothing but edit the photo using photoshop.
Why do you need to blue the Sky in Photoshop and How to Make the Sky Blue in Photoshop?
Color is an appreciable component of a photo that can make it dull or stunning. It can attract the viewer and change the mood. Would you like a photo with an imperfect color combination? Of course, no. Color can help to bloom out the environment and tell you the story of the picture. If we think about the sky, we can find that different sky views represent different moods. Color exposure is significant in this case. Check the photos below and think which one attracts you, giving an eye-catching look?
We can describe the color as a visual language that is a powerful tool to enhance an image. Therefore, we should focus on color to make a perfect-looking portrait.
How to Make the Sky Blue in Photoshop?
Executing the photo editing, you can make the sky blue in photoshop though it is not a piece of cake. So, better late than never, let’s jump to know how to Make the Sky Blue in Photoshop?
We, Cut Out Image will cover our journey on making the sky color blue within several steps as below:
- Open the Capture
- Execute clipping path service
- Start masking and add a layer
- Enhance the Sky view
- Create shadow
- Merge 2 layers
- A final touch to refine
Open the Capture:
After the initial capture, open it in Photoshop software for the required changes. Here you can see the sky is not blue enough to make an eye-catchy portrait.
Execute Clipping Path: How to Make the Sky Blue in Photoshop
To make the picture clearer, you need to execute the clipping path service that is a little bit complicated. For your convenience as an unprofessional, you can blend photo cut out service and background removal service to extract the image subject as below and add in a different background:
- Duplicate the layer of the image under the “Layer” option so that you can save the original from being damaged.
- Going to the ‘Quick Selection tool’ select the subject of the image that you want to cut out.
- It will select the subject automatically, creating a dash line around the selection.
- Click on “Layer via Cut’ to isolate the cut-out subject and place it in a new white background layer.
- Use the ‘Magic Wand’ and Polygonal Lasso’ tools to soften the edge of the image.
Start masking and add a layer: How to Make the Sky Blue in Photoshop
Image masking can give a completely new look to your image. Using a pixel layer mask, you can create the transparency of the picture. It is a little bit critical that it requires the hands of experts. Let’s follow the below steps to mask the photo-
- Duplicate the background layer
- Place the cut-out image subject in the 1st layer and rename it as you want
- Create a layer mask by selecting the mask option (button like Japanese flag)
Enhance the Sky view: How to Make the Sky Blue in Photoshop
In this step, you need to enhance the sky view using the 2nd layer. The steps are as below-
- Select the subject selection tool and outline the sky part.
- Select the color swatches portion from the menu and choose blue as the foreground and white as the background.
- Using the filter command, select Render.
- Choose the cloud option from Render and add the cloud to the sky .
- Clicking on the right button on the new sky and Repeat adding clouds in a different style.
- Use Hue and saturation tools for color adjustment.
You can use the shadow service in this step to give the picture a natural look. For this, you need to go through the following process-
- Click on the image and select apply image.
- Select the Blending Mode option from the channel.
- Apply the Blue copy in the channel and press OK. It will make the image clearer with brightness.
- Use a small brush from the Brush option.
- Add tiny details using black color to make the object darker.
Merge 2 layers
Now, we have two layers for our photo. The 1st layer contains the main subject, and the 2nd layer includes the sky. So we have to merge these two layers to generate the final picture. We will do this as below:
- Open the layer 1 image and click on the Quick selection tool.
- Select the sky portion that we will replace with the new one.
- Open layer 2 and select the Marquee tool (the rectangular icon).
- Select the sky area that we will add to layer 1 and copy.
- Paste it as ‘Special paste’ in layer 1 image.
A final touch to refine:
Previously, we cut out our subject for background removal, created a new sky as background, and merged them to generate a new one. Your picture is ready, right? Bide your time! You are not done yet! You need to go through the photo retouch service to make it a stunning one. Let’s dive into the details to conclude it.
- Zoom your images to check the edges of the subject and the conjunction point of 2 layers
- Check out the lighting, the look of the subject, and the background
- Seek any other unwanted object included in the photo or not
- Using different removal tools, remove the distracting objects carefully and zoom to recheck
- Train yourself to adjust the exposes
- Use the ‘Dust and scratches’ filter to remove noise from the photo
- Adjust the image tone
- Resize, crop, and save
Finally, you are done with your photo retouch, and your photo is ready. Hopefully, now you know how to make the sky blue in photoshop. All the best for your new trial!
In the beginning, I mentioned that this task isn’t a piece of cake. It is easier to say but difficult to do. So, if you still feel that you can’t make a perfect photo by turning the sky blue going through the editing process and it’s a headache for you, don’t be panicked. Cut Out Image has its professional experts to rescue you from this problem with their flawless service. Don’t hesitate to reach them for an excellent service.
You can read this blog as well: How To Take Shoe Pictures